New features include:
- Larger map view – The map will stretch as big as your screen goes. (Press F11 to have your browser view it full screen.)
- Routes!!! – Not many so far, but new ones aren’t to hard to add.
- ‘Services’ locations – Places that useful to MTBer visiting the area.
- Track Menu – Click to go straight to a Track.
- Other view links – As well a link to 1:25K OS map there is now a Google Map Satellite link.
- Location URL shortcuts – You can link directly to a Track, Route or Grid Reference.
- Improved IE compatibility
(kind of)– The Track lines show properly , but the bottom menu doesn’t fully work, sorry.
How to use URL Shortcuts
Slightly geeky but still not too hard. The easiest is a for a grid reference, just add “?g-” then the grid reference on the end of the URL. e.g. To go to Win Hill add “?g-SK187851” (without the quotes).
For tracks add “?t-” and the track name in lower case with dashes instead of spaces.
We’d like to add more descent Routes, so let us know if you’ve got any good ones you’d like to share. If you’ve got any suggestions for improvement or new features leave a comment below. Future improvements should hopefully be; full compatibility for IE, search box for Grid Refs (maybe places & postcodes too) and easier to use URL shortcuts.